Sid Bush, August 17 to August 23, 2020

1)      Please describe any significant events that occurred this week and what you think about them

This is my first week back at school! I miss it so much. I missed my friends. I missed being around people my own age and going to classes. Everyone is wearing masks, but the masks have stopped bothering me. Sometimes I forget I have them on! Everyone seems to be handling the coronavirus in slightly different ways. Some people I know are still going to parties, but I’m steering clear of that. I want to stay on campus for as long as possible, but I can only control my own actions. There have been more than 5.6 million cases of COVID-19 in the US and over 175,000 deaths since March. I sent in my application for an absentee ballot this week since I won’t be in my county for the election; they should send it to me about a month before the election. I’m so excited – this will be my first general election!

 

2)      Were there any significant changes between this week and last week?

Being back at school this past week has let me see how people are behaving during COVID-19, and honestly, I don’t think many people have changed their habits. Students wear masks in class, but go to parties without them. People complain about the masks and wear them incorrectly. There are marks shown for social distancing, but while some pay attention to them, many do not. It does make me happy when I see people trying their hardest to pay attention and stay safe, because it tells me that they care about something other than themselves.

 

Comments