Thomas Histon, June 29 to July 5, 2020

Weekly Log

 

What week does this log cover? Monday, June 29th – Sunday, July 5th   

 

1)     Please describe any significant events that occurred this week and what you think about them

It is now July. Man, times flies when you’re sitting in your home being too scared to go outside. That’s how the saying goes, right? I am slated to return to Lander University August 4th, as that is the day resident assistants move in. The virus, from my understanding has not even gotten close to winding down. This begs the question: what is going to happen to school? 

For selfish reasons, I would be completely heartbroken if all of my classes were conducted online and I had to stay home. For logical reasons, I am also worried if classes were conducted online, or if school transitioned online halfway through the semester like it did last year. I am supposed to have my field experience this semester, meaning I go to middle school and high school classes and observe. If schools ceased in-person operations for the coming semester, how would that affect my field experience?

 

2)     Were there any significant changes between this week and last week?

I am completely shirking my obligation as a responsible citizen to stay inside and protect others and prevent the spread of the virus. I have a date in the coming weeks, and I am going on vacation the week with some friends. To be fair, we plan on wearing our masks, and we are going to an isolated lake house (which we have lovingly christened “The Murder Cabin”) in a rural part of North Carolina. So, the only thing we would have to worry about is spreading it to one another and our families (that sounded less awful in my head).

Comments