Cameron Pate-Addie, July 20 to July 26, 2020

Monday: Nothing to note here.

 

Tuesday: Starting today masks are required to be worn by customers shopping at Publix. This follows a growing trend of establishments mandating that masks be worn by shoppers. I do not work today, but I do Wednesday through Friday so I will see how that goes over with our shoppers.

 

Wednesday: I worked today. Most customers are wearing masks, however, there are a good many who do not. The people who do not wear a mask range from not realizing that masks are required to simply not caring. We can tell people that masks are required, but that is it. We can not force them to leave.

 

Thursday: If I have not said before, I am a volunteer at Ninety-Six National Historic Site. Due to the pandemic, most NPS parks and historic sites are either closed or not doing in-person events. We have an event coming in September that was going to be in person, but if cases of COVID-19 keep rising we will not have it in person. Rather, we plan on posting some online material in place of the in-person event if needed. Right now, I am working on some pre-recorded videos for the event, so I am excited to still be able to get volunteer credit hours and help out the park.

 

Friday: Masks are required in McDonald’s now. The masks debate is raging wild in our nation, with both sides of the argument fighting the other. There is so much misinformation out there on the mask issue, but I stand by credible sources like the CDC. As a history major, I have always been taught to only use credible sources. Science is always changing so as time goes on, we will know more about COVID-19 and how to protect ourselves. There is also so much politics involved with this issue that it is tiring sometimes to be on social media for too long.

 

Saturday: Nothing to add here.

 

Sunday: I am not absolutely sure, but I believe that another round of stimulus checks will be released soon. I think there is something holding it up, but either way I think that many people have many different opinions on these checks. So many issues revolve around COVID, many political issues. 


 

Comments