Cameron Pate-Addie, July 27 to August 2, 2020

July 27th through August 2nd, 2020.

 

Monday: Nothing much to add here for the log.

 

Tuesday: So, false information has been a constant problem throughout this pandemic. I believe that in the future, historians might look back and take notice of the amount of false information that was spread in the media during this time.

 

One of the most recent examples of this is a viral video that has been going around the internet. It is a video featuring a group of doctors and medical staff as they make outlandish claims about Coronavirus and the pandemic. Even members of my family have fallen for it, and even after it was debunked many people still believe it.

 

I am sure that this pandemic, like any crises, is being used for different groups political gains. However, the absolute truth is that there is a pandemic and that we should be doing everything we can to help those who are most susceptible. 

 

Wednesday: Nothing much to add here for the log. I do wonder how long this pandemic will last. Looking back at history, they tend to last years. So, will this be the new normal for years to come or will people eventually get bored, for lack of a better word, and simply accept it and move on with life as before? Only time can tell.

 

Thursday: I wonder if we will be getting another stimulus check in soon? I believe we will get another one, but when? I wonder how this might affect the election that is only months away. I am sure that uncertainty is weighing heavy on Americans minds. 

 

Friday: Nothing to add here.

 

Saturday: Went to a store today, but I and my girlfriend did not have masks (took a different car). We felt awful and socially awkward to walk around in the store without one. Especially because we are among the side that do believe that they work and want to help. I hope I do not have to go without a mask again.

 

Sunday: Nothing to add here relating to COVID-19

Comments