Cameron Pate-Addie, August 3 to August 9, 2020

August 3rd through August 9th, 2020.

 

Monday: Nothing to add here relating to the pandemic.

 

Tuesday: Nothing to add here relating to the pandemic.

 

Wednesday: Not this coming Sunday, but the next (August 16) my girlfriend and I had planned on seeing a musical. We had bought the tickets months in advance, long before the pandemic. However, we knew that due to the present situation that the musical would most likely cancel. This turned out to be the case. I just received an email confirming this. Hopefully the theater can stay afloat during these troubling times. 

 

Thursday: Nothing to add here relating to the pandemic.

 

Friday: I do not usually buy the newspaper, but today I felt like purchasing a copy of The New York Times. The paper was full of Coronavirus information and updates. Something that caught my eye was on the front page, where is read “Over the past month, about 1.9 million Americans have tested positive for the virus. That is more than five times as many as in all of Europe, Canada, Japan, South Korea and Australia combined.” Wow! It seems clear that we as a nation are not handling the pandemic as well as we should. The paper also had some great articles on other topics relating to the virus, but the point is that we need to do better. We are not leading the world by being a good example right now.

 

Saturday: Nothing to add here relating to the pandemic.

 

Sunday: Classes start next Monday! I am excited to return to Lander. As I have said before in this log, things at campus will be different, but no matter what I am excited. For example, every year when we move-in we have orientation meetings for our dorms. This year though we will have it online. I am sure there will be more changes as we learn more information.

Comments