Cameron Pate-Addie, August 10 to August 16, 2020

Monday: Time to start getting ready! I move into my dorm this Friday. It already feels crazy because we have been out of school for so long due to having to go online last semester because of the pandemic. I am very excited to continue my time at Lander, no matter what we got to do to follow guidelines and keep everyone safe.

 

Tuesday: Just checked, and another one of my classes has gone online. That makes two and a half (one is a hybrid class) that have changed. I personally do not mind it. I believe I can handle online classes, plus that opens up my day more. I still will have to put aside more time to do online work and study. I also signed up to help with the History Club at Lander. We will be having a couple of tabling events soon and I will be at one to answer any questions people have who might be interested in joining the club. We will have to wear masks and there can only be two members at the table at one time.  

 

Wednesday: Nothing to add here.

 

Thursday: Today was my last day working at my Publix home store for a while. I start back at the Greenwood Publix Monday. I am interested to see any and all COVID-19 precaution changes that are different between my home store and Greenwood. 

 

Friday: The process of moving into my dorm went smooth. Every student had to schedule a move in time. We drove up to the fountain in front of Lander and they gave us my dorm key and packet, all contactless. I was the first to move into my dorm, so I did not meet the other roommates yet. We wore masks the entire time, of course. However, I did notice some students not wearing masks or refusing to. I believe this will be a trend throughout the semester, but I do not think that those who refuse to wear a mask are the majority of Lander students. I am happy to see most doing their part.

 

Saturday: So, I am getting more emails from my professors. It appears that the classes that are online will hold virtual meetings scheduled at the time of the original classes. This is going to be an interesting semester now that all but one of my classes are online.  

 

Sunday: My first virtual session is tonight. My dorm building is having an online meeting to go over everything for the coming semester. We will be using Microsoft Teams for this. It seems that Microsoft Teams and Blackboard Collaborate are the most popular options among professors for this semester, when it comes to virtual learning. 

Comments