Thomas Histon, July 6 to July 12

1)     Please describe any significant events that occurred this week and what you think about them

This week I will be going on vacation with my friends. I have been very careful for most of the summer, so I am not particularly worried about me being the one to spread the virus to my friends or their families. That being said, this Friday I went out with these same friends to downtown Greenville. Despite living in Greenville, I don’t think I’ve been downtown in over a year, and I certainly have never been on Friday night. I was so surprised how busy it was, and shocked that I did not see a single mask. As per my understanding, the city of Greenville requires people to wear masks when entering stores and grocery stores. I suppose that rule does not apply to restaurants, or everyone I saw was openly breaking the law, because I didn’t see a single mask (aside from the waitresses.)

 

2)     Were there any significant changes between this week and last week?

I have not really done anything this past week. I have been getting ahead on some schoolwork because the place we are staying will not have any internet, so I have been inside for a few days finishing that up.

Comments