Cameron Pate-Addie, June 22 to 28, 2020

Monday: It just passed today that masks must be worn within the Greenville city limits by anyone within business like grocery stores, salons, etc. This includes employees and customers. I feel that it might not be long before they require this from the entire Greenville county soon.

 

Tuesday: Went to 2nd and Charles to trade in some old books we have for cash. For those who do not know, this store sells books, games, movies, etc. Anyway, my girlfriend and I both wore our masks inside because the store is within Greenville City Limits. I did not mind it because I am used to wearing a mask by now at work. However, it was a whole new experience for my girlfriend. It is getting hotter and hotter as the summer goes on and wearing a mask is hard some days. Thankfully at work when we go outside to get carts, we do not have to wear our mask. 

 

Wednesday: Masks have been made mandatory in public areas at North Carolina. Many other places are also doing the same it seems. Like I previously said, I feel that masks will soon be required in the entirety of Greenville County.

 

Thursday: Worked today. I forgot to mention that the other week Publix changed their mask policy at my store. They provided us with Publix logo masks, and we can only wear those or solid color masks. No patterns or other icons on masks are allowed.

 

August is getting closer and closer by the day. Still got July, but that month will pass quickly I feel. I wonder when Lander will send an email out discussing any possible changes to campus in response to social distancing and safety. I know Greenville Tech is giving the option to take Fall classes online. Not that I want to take online classes, but it is interesting that they give them that option. Will classrooms change any? Will Lander feel different? I guess we will just have to wait and see.

 

Friday: A lot has changed during this pandemic. Another example of this would be baseball. We went to my girlfriends’ nephew’s baseball game today. Before the coronavirus, after every game both teams would walk past each other and high-five out of good sportsmanship. Now, because they have to keep their distance, they tip their hats to the other team. Thought this was another interesting thing to note on how things have changed.

 

Saturday: Nothing much to add here.

 

Sunday: Nothing much to add here.

Comments