Thomas Histon, May 4 to May 10, 2020

Monday, 5-4-20

I was going to start writing something undoubtedly profound and groundbreaking, but my dog decided to start barking until I rubbed her belly.

 

Tuesday, 5-5-20

I kind of want to get another tattoo. But honestly, I do not know what I would get, and I don’t want to make a hasty decision about another tattoo. The more glaring problem of course is that even in the shops are open, that frankly seems like a stupid thing to do right now. I know several people who have decided that their safety and the safety of others apparently is not as important as getting a touch-up. Regardless, I will wait, because that seems like a selfish thing to do.

 

Wednesday, 5-6-20

I start my online summer classes next week (I believe). I am taking Sociology 101 and Theatre 101 at Greenville Tech over the summer. I obtained about two semesters worth of credits at Greenville Tech during high school as dual-credit classes, but I’ve never taken an online class from Greenville Tech, so this should be interesting! I have never taken a summer class before, so this should be interesting. I honestly did not intend on taking a summer class this semester, but after a breakup and some vacation plans falling through, I figured I would have a lot of free time over the summer, so may as well get some gen-eds out of the way, right?

 

Thursday, 5-7-20

I have been trying to be as active and productive as possible. I made another episode of my podcast today, which was mainly a compilation of clips from my old radio show. The episode was only thirty-two minutes (give or take), but it took hours upon hours to edit. It took my about three days to finish, and I’m quite proud of it. Dare I say it is my magnum opus? (That is a joke, I really hope that video is not the best thing I have done or ever will do).

 

Friday, 5-8-20

Governor McMaster announced that starting Monday restaurants can open once again. I’ve said this many times, but I don’t know much about the science or politics of this whole situation, but I really think this seems too soon. I know my family and I won’t be going out to eat any time soon. They have said the rule that restaurants can only be open at half capacity. As someone whose sister works at a restaurant, and as someone who has common sense, that requirement seems arbitrary and non-enforceable. I can almost guarantee you that the “half-capacity” rule will not only go unnoticed, but it will go unenforced by the restaurants as well.

 

Saturday, 5-9-20

I believe I said I was going to try to not just watch TV and YouTube over the break, but this week I finished binging two of my favorite shows from my childhood: Avatar: the Last Airbender, and Star Wars: the Clone Wars, the latter of which had its final episode this week. I feel like I have been quite productive over this period, but I definitely have a weakness for being lazy, laying on a couch and being on my phone.

 

Sunday, 5-10-20

Today was Mother’s Day, and Publix was the busiest I’ve seen it since the beginning of this virus and the toilet paper “incident.” One might think with how busy it would be, alertness from both customers and employees alike would be at an all time high. One would be wrong. Publix has directional arrows to encourage customers keeping their difference from one another. Those have been completely disregarded by customers and employees alike. In addition, most customers are not wearing masks anymore. Even employees are starting to slack in wearing their masks; they’ll take them off frequently, or not cover their noses, etc.

Comments