Thomas Histon, May 18 to May 24

Monday, 5-18-20

It’s almost like the phone gods know I am looking for a new phone because my phone went downhill fast. Just this morning the home button stopped working. This afternoon I haven’t been able to connect to my Wi-Fi at all. I think I am going to have to go to a Verizon store soon to get a new phone, which I am not particularly excited for because I am still a little nervous about the whole virus. My fear is not helped by the fact that there are three Verizon stores near me: two are very small, and one is in the mall.

 

Tuesday, 5-19-20

I conquered my fear and went to the Verizon store today. I did everything I thought I should before entering the small store: I wore a mask to be courteous to everyone in the store, and gloves so I could touch the phones I wanted to use. Since it was raining today, there was nobody in the store besides myself and one of the employees. In addition to just being a rude individual, the employee was not wearing a mask, and wanted to stay near me to explain every phone I looked at, even after I explained (politely of course) that I just wanted to look at everything and would let him know if I had any questions. I did not get a phone today, but at least I know what I want.

 

Wednesday, 5-20-20

Last time I “hung out” with my friends, we had to plan it several days in advance to get on Discord and play video games, but today it just spontaneously happened. We stayed up much later than we should have playing League of Legends, and we had a blast. I should point out, we lost every single match we played, but that doesn’t really matter to me. I still enjoyed “hanging out” with my friends. Of course, hanging out in person is the preferable alternative, but if this the next best thing, I will be okay with that.

 

Thursday, 5-21-20

This afternoon I recorded my podcast with a friend. We ran into a few technical difficulties trying to record over Discord, but we figured them out because we are obviously tech geniuses. We recorded well over two hours of content, so now I have to edit it down to at least an hour. But it was fun to record with a friend, and I am exited to hopefully record with more friends later on.

 

Friday, 5-22-20

Today was the first day of summer classes at Greenville Tech. I’ll be honest, I am starting to understand the general disdain for summer classes. After being off for about a month, it is immediately proving hard to find the drive to start schoolwork again, especially since I am working exclusively from home. I always hate the first day of class. It’s always been overwhelming to me to look at all the schoolwork that’s due soon. Of course, I always get over that and the classes become easier as time goes on.

 

Saturday, 5-23-20

I posted my third episode of the podcast today. I am really glad I started to do this, it definitely takes up some time, but up until now with my classes starting, it’s not like I would have done much anyways. After I would think probably five or six hours editing, I managed to cut a two-hour and fifteen-minute session into a fifty-four-minute episode.

 

Sunday, 5-24-20

Work today was interesting. I am seeing a general apathy towards the whole pandemic now. I am observing that the number of customers wearing masks is dropping every time I go into the store. I would say way less than half of the customers are now wearing masks. The employees are still required to wear masks, but I’ve also noticed that same apathy in the employees too. Every chance most employees get they will take their masks off. Whether they are alone, or in the break room, or just far enough away from customers, they will slide their masks down.

Comments