Thomas Histon, May 11 to May 17, 2020

Monday, 5-4-20

-----

 

Tuesday, 5-5-20

For the first time since we left Lander in March, I talked to my friends. I should note, we have all been sporadically texting, but we haven’t really talked. However, today we got on Discord (a program sort of like Skype, but specially designed for those who play video games) and talked while we played League of Legends. That’s actually the first verbal interaction I’ve had with anyone, excluding my family and coworkers, since I left Lander in March.

 

Wednesday, 5-6-20

            I will not record a podcast this week. I don’t know why, but this whole week I have been tired, and unmotivated to do much of anything. That’s a shame, because I actually have a bit I need to finish by the end of the week. I think I feel unmotivated to do the podcast this week because I do not really have an idea for what I want to do this week, and honestly, the hours I put into editing my last video (my aforementioned “magnum opus”) wore me out (yes, that’s easily the laziest thing I’ve ever said).

 

Thursday, 5-7-20

Awhile ago I had promised my old high school drama club that I would help them out with a special project. They were going to do a play at the end of the semester, but obviously that didn’t exactly pan out the way they had expected. But they decided to continue with it anyways, and everybody recorded themselves doing their part. My old teacher reached out to me and asked if I would play a small part in the play. So, I spent the past three hours trying to record myself acting out my death via over-experimentation…I wish I could explain what was happening in the play, but I don’t fully understand it myself.

 

Friday, 5-8-20

It is official, I am a resident assistant now! I already got the job and filled out the paperwork awhile ago, but I finished the training this morning, so I am now ready for an in-person training in August. And after that, there will be nothing stopping me from seizing the means of production and ruling my dorm with an iron fist!

 

Saturday, 5-9-20

I am definitely starting to get annoyed with this virus, and everything it effects. Obviously, I wish I had finished out my freshman year at Lander in person, I would have enjoyed classes much more that way. I wish I did not have to wear a mask when I work, especially since it is nearing 85°F every day and will probably only get hotter. I plan on continuing to play by all the rules, even though it seems everybody has completely given up on them.

 

Sunday, 5-10-20

I need a new phone. I am still a little nervous to go to the Verizon store and look at phones, but I do need one. I am currently sporting my mother’s old Apple iPhone SE, which is about five years old. I use my phone a lot, though I honestly do not need anything super fancy. I was thinking about getting a Samsung instead of an Apple, but I guess we’ll see. Eventually I will have to go to the store to test some phones out, but not yet.

Comments