Thomas Histon, April 13 to April 20, 2020

Monday, 4-13-20

I went to work today. I would say most people are starting to wear masks. Honestly, I was in the back this time, so I did not see much of anyone. I am starting to nervous because I hear increasing apathy towards the virus. I figured this might happen. People are getting bored, so they just want any excuse to start leaving their house. I for one, will stay inside and continue social distancing until this thing is finally at a much more reasonable level.

 

Tuesday, 4-14-20

I started doing something I had never done before: cook! Of course, I have made my own meals before. I must say, I am quite a master chef of cereal and sandwiches. But during quarantine I decided I would start trying to learn, so I made my own meal. I started by helping my mom make a cake (it was one of those box mixes, but baby steps I suppose). Then I made a simple meal: it was eggs, rice, sesame oil, and teriyaki sauce. Admittedly it was not supposed to have teriyaki sauce on it, but I put WAY too much sesame oil on it, so it was insanely bitter, so I tried to correct it with teriyaki sauce.

 

Wednesday, 4-15-20

I took my first step in preparation my possible podcast. I posted something on my Instagram asking if anyone would be interested in joining in for an episode. I got four responses, which is precisely four more than I expected, so we are off to a great start. I have not looked much into buying a microphone, mostly because I’m super cheap, and the price tag of any decent quality mic makes me dizzy.

 

Thursday, 4-16-20

I actively try to avoid politics and political discussions if I can. But something has been catching my eye; talk from the president and our governor about reopening the country. I will not pretend to understand things like politics, the economy, or this disease and the science behind it. However, I would think it seems too early to call something like this right? I understand the economy is hurting, and people are eager to get back to work, but it seems to me, if we go back while we are just starting to recover, that will have the opposite effect that we want.

 

Friday, 4-17-20

            I have tried to remain positive throughout this whole ordeal, but I think the thing I dislike the most is communicating with my friends solely over text. I’ve always hated communication over text, and most people simply aren’t up for facetime or things of that nature. Frankly I am just tired of people not responding to me. It’s not just my friends, but I’ve sent out emails for things regarding my schoolwork, I’ve sent out follow-ups to those who said they were interested in taking a part in my podcast, texts to acquaintances, the girl I like, stuff like that, all with absolutely no replies. I don’t know why they wouldn’t, I obviously am trying not to think about that, and I understand that I may be different in that I try to respond as quickly as possible.

 

Saturday, 4-18-20

I visited my grandparents once again, it may seem like a lot, but they miss us, they’re certainly sick of one another, and I absolutely try to treasure every moment I get with them. We took this moment for some reason to cut my sister’s hair in their front yard. I cut my own hair anyways, so the fact that barbershops are closed has not affected me, but for someone who doesn’t have an easy hairstyle to do themselves (I have a buzzcut), like my sisters, their hair can get a little crazy. So, my mom got some scissors and cut their hair to the best of her ability.

 

Sunday, 4-19-20

I went to work today. Nothing super remarkable to report, however, Publix is requiring its employees to wear masks now. My only thought was “finally!” I don’t know why they did not do this sooner, but better late than never, I guess.

 

Comments