Thomas Histon, July 13 to July 19, 2020

1)     Please describe any significant events that occurred this week and what you think about them

This week I went to Lake Hiwassee with my friends (and future roommates). We mostly stayed at the cabin, but we did go into Murphy, North Carolina, and Helen, Georgia. Murphy seemed fairly safe, as a sizeable majority of the people I saw at the Walmart and the other stores we went into had masks on. Helen, GA was a completely different story. Helen, Georgia is a vey cool little tourist town, and the tourism industry certainly hasn’t suffered from the virus, at least not from what I saw. The town was packed on Wednesday morning when we went, and absolutely nobody had a mask on (besides my group).

2)     Were there any significant changes between this week and last week?

Since I got back to Greenville on Saturday, not much has changed. I need to plan to move in on August 4th. I wonder how Greenwood has changed since I left in March. I wonder how many small businesses have closed, or how many restaurants or stores have changed because of the virus. I haven’t been since March, so I wonder if many people are wearing masks, or what the laws are in the city.

Comments